The following results are expected:
- 13.6 hectares of forest ecosystem restored
- Enhancement of biodiversity (vegetation and wildlife)
- Alien species eliminated along the river
- Twoo ponds where wildlife is expected to colonize.
- Reduction of erosion rates and reduction of sedimentation in the river (RioDeva)
- Increase water infiltration and aquifer recharge
- Increase of carbon sequestration from plants and soil
- Landscape integration
- Transferability and replicability of best techniques
- Cost-effective solutions for mine restoration
- New socio-cultural uses in restored area
- Promotion of socio-economic development in the area (jobs, new companies, more visitors, etc.)
- Tools to identified and assess the feasibility and suitability of proposed techniques
The LIFE TECMINE project and this website's content have been funded with the support of the LIFE Programme of the European Union.
*This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author/s, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.