The general objective of this Project is to improve mine restoration in forest areas by testing new restoration techniques that deal with environmental and social issues not fully addressed by traditional techniques.
- To propose technical solutions for mine restoration in Mediterranean forest areas
- To guarantee transferability and replicability of the proposed techniques at all levels; local, national and international
- To provide mining sector and public administration with cost-effective solutions as well as tools to assess feasibility and suitability in each case.
- To harmonize mining activities with ecosystem services conservation
- To provide local population with new opportunities to enjoy restored areas
The LIFE TECMINE project and this website's content have been funded with the support of the LIFE Programme of the European Union.
*This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author/s, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.